Friday, September 11, 2009

Adam Scott is Humbled by Greg Norman's Decision

Today, Adam Scott has this to say via his PGA blog:
"As you probably know, I had a pretty exciting and humbling day on Tuesday when Greg Norman announced that I was chosen for one of his Captain's Picks for the Presidents Cup. It was somewhat unexpected, and I am grateful for the opportunity. Greg's vote of confidence has given me a real boost, and I feel like I can make a contribution in all areas of the event. I have been fortunate enough to play in the last three Presidents Cups for the International side, and I look very forward to being a part of the team in October. It will be a great exprerience playing for Greg Norman."
Ok, I wasn't thrilled when a few days ago, Presidents Cup team captain Greg Norman picked Adam Scott to join the team in San Francisco next month. Now that his surprise pick is settling in my system, I have come to accept it. I think I may have reacted on impulse after the announcement. Now that I have come to terms with it, I guess I have to embrace it... How else can I enjoy watching the event next month if I don't?

Being a San Francisco Bay Area local, I am extra excited about this event, the Harding Park Golf Course is just a bridge away!

No comments:

Post a Comment