Friday, September 4, 2009

Birthday Golf at The Bridges Golf Club


I just had a birthday a few days ago. My foursome celebrated my special day by playing a round of golf at The Bridges Golf Club here in San Ramon, CA.

We have 4 golf courses here in San Ramon and this one is proven to be the hardest of them all. This course is actually rated by the NCGA as one of the most challenging courses in Northern California. They weren't kidding! So if you are up for a challenge, you should definitely play this course... with a whopping 142 slope for the white tees, the course will definitely test your golfing skills. Thank God the weather cooperated that day... it was the perfect golfing weather, and since it was my birthday, we were all in a good mood that we just laughed about our lousy game.

The worst hole for me was the 16th:

This hole killed me. I shot a 9... yes, more than a double par. I mostly blame it on my putting. I was doing well with 1 and 2 putts (with an occasional 3) until this hole. For some reason, I couldn't sink the ball! Putt... Putt... Putt... Putt... Yes, a 4-putt!

Here's another tricky one which I double bogeyed:
Aaaah... the 17th hole. Double Bogey! Crossing the first creek was the worst, thank god for the 2-putt!

I shot a par on the par 4 18th, but the damage has been done. I shot a 106 that day, and with it, an additional .6 to my already pathetic handicap.

It was frustrating but I must admit it was uber fun. Sometimes it is not about the course, but the people you play with. Cheers to Marc, Sunny and Joe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment