Thursday, August 6, 2009

Phil Mickelson is Back at the Bridgestone Invitational

Phil Mickelson, after a six week break from the tour is back today to play in Akron, Ohio for this year's Bridgestone Invitational. Starting on the back nine, today he opened with an even par 70 at Firestone Country Club, shooting 3 birdies in the last 8 holes after a gruesome double bogey on the 11th hole and a couple other bogeys. PGA Tour News reports Lefty saying:

"I think when you get in competition, I wasn't trusting my self as much, The pins start to get tucked, and you can't miss it in certain spots, and I start kind of steering it a little bit. The last eight holes, I made a few better swings."

Lefty was terribly missed and I am glad that he is back!

After today's first round, Padraig Harrington took the lead with a 64 while defending champion Vijay Singh scored an even par 70. Tiger Woods on the other hand, after a fresh win at last week's Buick Open, is on a 6-way tie at 8th with a -2.

No comments:

Post a Comment